Wednesday, March 1, 2006

Sumus Two

This is an after thought which has come since my writing of this, and my reading of this and responding to it in his comments section.

I was just working on a canvas that has royally ticked me off for quite a few months.
As I was attacking it with more white paint, I was also thinking and pondering the words he said at this blog and my own responses, and it suddenly occurred to me that, to top off everything that I said, it's not even like my art has any identifiable subjects even!

So in summary and up to this point I suppose it can be said based on all that has gone on during this exchange of ideas, that :

A). Being an artist, I am there for not a sentient life form.

B). And the end product of my endeavors as an "Artsist" is not even about anything at all. No nice landscapes or portraits, but uh...nothing...as evidenced here, here, here and here.

Now granted, the majority of this conversation has gone on with a significant Tongue-In-Cheek attitude, yet it is still funny how some things bubble under the surface and while we know they are wrong, we wrestle with them anyway on a deep gut level.

1 comment:

  1. Quote: No nice landscapes or portraits, but uh...nothing...

    But I've seen very nice abstract art. I particularly like the color it often uses, and I would indeed consider it 'art.'

    ReplyDelete