Thursday, March 30, 2006

Childlike Amusements

I read Rushings Blog tonight and his situation is so common and yet his response to it was SO uncommon. He sounds like a good guy, simply because of the choices he makes, no matter how uncomfortable to himself. I kind of lump him and Blue Max into the same pile in that they are both dads of this kind.

On a seperate note, my own child has been up to odd things.
Yes, she is 10 and she still holds some regard for a few dollies.
She has one, which she rec'd for Christmas, which is one of the "Bratz Big Babies."
Holding that thought in mind, lets move along...

...today Scout and I rec'd our fiddle-which we purchased off Ebay - and the box was quickly claimed by KenZ, as it resembled an oddly shaped coffin.

So, while some sweet and good little children might construct some loverly diarama or other such tableau type creation, my daughter creates a sarcophagus for her "Bratz Baby."

Interred therein, is the mummified baby (Toilet paper wrappings and shroud) and a seperate "Canopick Jar," containing the dollies brain (having been hand crafted of fimo clay and baked) , and the dollies intestines (shoes laces stolen from some outgrown Converse shoes).

She then went on to adorn the exterior of the sarcophagus with paint, representing the appropriate rank, or "Station" of the occupant in glorious tempera paint.

I can safely state that I had nothing to do with this activity.

I just gave birth to odd little people I guess.

:o)

1 comment:

  1. rofl that's funny.

    My mom tells a similarly odd story. Apparently my brother (who's 4 yrs older than moi) he was about 7 or so and he's drawing. And my mom notices this. She starts to watch him and suddenly she realizes what he's drawing... A couple of very realistic looking cockroaches sitting on a rock, one small one big. Both holding fishing rods and fishing.

    Apparently it was a father and son fishing but they were roaches. LOL I've seen the pic because I was about 3 or so when it happened and I remember my mom being grossed out but still placing it up on the fridge. LOL

    He was always strange that way. He once made a really cool village out of mud in our back flower box (it was full of weeds, ants and dirt.) Then after he was done he turned on the faucet and made the sound effects of people screaming in terror as the village melted (yes melted and it was COOL!) back into the mud. ;)

    ~L~

    ReplyDelete