Thursday, December 9, 2004

This Thing is on Endless Repeat

All night long.

While I kinda slept.

This song.

Played all night long in my head.

It is still there...



"The Kilburn High Road."



Why does it do that?

The song gets lodged in your brain.

Is that normal?

O sure, maybe for a few hours?

But days on end?



It makes me think of those towns in India and the Middle East, where they play the religious broadcasts or music or a guy singing all day and all night without stopping.

That what it feels like going on in my head.

Flogging Molly playing this one song over and over and over again.

I can hear them while I'm typing.

I can hear them while I sleep.



I am crazy.



But...

it IS a good song.



;o)









"...and the Rosary beads

count 'em one, two, three

fell apart as they hit the floor.

In our garb of black we will pay respect

to the colour we're born to mourn.



Walk away me boys, walk away me boys

and by mornin' we'll be free.

Wipe that golden tear from yer mother dear

and raise what's left of the flag for meeeee-aaahhhh! "

- Flogging Molly, What's left of the Flag.

No comments:

Post a Comment