Monday, December 13, 2004

O Christmas Tree...

It's about 9ft tall.

It was pretty entertaining watching Stu stand on a bar stool trying to put the star and the upper ornaments on it. We went up into the Nat'l Forest to hunt for it "Griswold style." With Scout, Kenz and I all going, "This one right here is fine," and Stu going, " No, no, we need to find the perfect tree. Look, there are a whole bunch of doug firs up there on that hill..." Hear Scout moan. Hear Kenz go, " Daaaaa-aad!" See mom raise her eyebrow. Uh - huh. Not gonna say anything. Nope. Nuh-uh. Scout was pleased to be this years lumber-jack, as Blake was out plotting the next film with Emery. She yelled "tim-berrrrrr!" at the appropriate moment and the we dragged our kill back to the lair.



And it's now official, the worst commercial since Tom Peterson has officially aired in Eugene.

Glad my back was facing the camera on this one. It is the kind where the business owner actually speaks to the camera in his own commercial. I don't know what posesses people, when they are faced with the opportunity to promote their business via TV commercial. Apparently their brain shorts out, causing them to loose all good judgement, and think they can succeed where other business owners have failed. And failed miserably I might add.

I can't think of a commercial where the business owner actually came across as not lame in his own commercial. Right here in Bend there is a popular furniture store. It's always had quirky-but-cool little animated commercials. Suddenly, the owner decides to appear in the shot. It was an appalling shock. All respect I had for that store suddenly drowned in the sea of lameness.

Anyway, I got a phone call from a friend in Eugene who saw it and recognised me from the back of my head. (!)

Dang!

Anyway... a dollar is a dollar I guess.





No comments:

Post a Comment