Friday, December 3, 2004

"Wiser Birds go 'Round the Corner?"

Well I survived the battle (read "The Meeting") In fact, there was no battle at all.

At least not during the meeting. When I got home though, there was a subtle demeaning of the meeting (at least it wasnt' me this time.) It reminded me of something Ian McKellan once said in an interview, he was describing a cast member who would just come right out and challenge things right outin the open if he didn't agree or understand something. It was Mr. McKellan's opinion that it was better to go 'round the corner and deal with it quietly. Well, maybe in some cases, but mostly, this just ends up as gossip and back biting and tearing down of leadership and authority. I think it is a wrong way to deal with questions and situations. "Wiser birds go 'round the corner" indeed! More like "people who have no backbone and people who want to spread strife go 'round the corner." Anyway, so this was what occurred afterward. I think I came out unscathed though as I didn't join in the secretive nay-saying, because it was just that. Backdoor subversiveness coming from an ill-heart. Why do people need to disturb the waters with discontent when all the other workers are pretty happy with the process and outcome of their endeavors? Some people just can't handle harmony I guess.

Anyway, so at the end of it all, I ended up as

Casting/Prop/Wardrobe Diva for the Christmas eve Service.

The technical is going to be larger than they’ve done before, because they finally got a lighting designer, (which they have needed for a long time for these things.)

Yaya!

Anyway...onward to a brighter day....

Things to look forward to?

Tonight is pizza night! Yaya!

Tomorrow is taking doing the last of my Christmas shopping and getting the ingredients for Scout's volcano for school on Monday. She wants to put explosives in it, like fire-crackers and what not. I don't imagine that her partner Bill will mind. And the teacher? She might go for it too. Such is the blessing of being in a small school. You can do other things that bigger schools can't.

I hope to play some Exile on the big TV inthe family room with the surround sound on. It is a blast having all the kids sit around taking turns playing it. I don't think they've ever enjoyed these games more. When they get frustrated, they go get something to snack on and pass the mouse to somebody else for a while. If they have an insight they tell the "Mouse Operator" and if it works, great! It has been a fun family game for us to play this way. Forget board games.

I hope to put up my fake tree in my own studio this weekend as well. Maybe have a holiday ale and put up the tree. Oh! the biggest happy happy, is that the studio is loaning me a copy of Sound Forge so that I can record some better snippets for the office Christmas CD.

What fun it will be!

I think I am finding a little bit of holiday spirit after all.

Oh and on a completely random note:

Donna has begun to call me, “Matilda.”

In turn, I have begun to refer to her using the moniker of her favorite Spaniard “Paloma.”

No comments:

Post a Comment