Monday, May 2, 2005

Sunday Sermon...

... it was interesting.
It was about money, but not the typical kind.
It was about using your resources, (finances, energies, personal strengths and giftings, etc) to their greatest advantage and being shrewd with them.
At the end, there was a time of silence as people had a chance to pray and prepare for Communion.
I was sitting there, and its funny, but I wouldn't guess that God would be able to deliver such a packed exclamation point during so brief a time as that which is between the end of the sermon and the beginning of Communion.

Ok, so...I am talking plainly (in my head) to God and this is how it went:

ME: Ok God, I am sluggardly in being what I believe you have designed me to be, as far as my purpose is concerned.
ME: Ok God, here is what I do, I paint and play music. How do you want me to make this lucrative or... whatever?
ME: What do you want me to do?

GOD: Matte, Frame, Hang, Price.
ME: Wow, really? Ok God, You know how I am after I walk out of this building, I mean... how am I supposed to remember all that?
GOD: M.F.H.P
ME: huh?
GOD: Look deeper
GOD: M-michelle
GOD: F-fears
GOD: H-her
GOD: P-purpose
ME: oh.
GOD: It's easy. Just do it.
GOD: PS: I love you.

So, all in the space of what...like less than 5 minutes?
God took care of the conviction and directed it with a post scripted love note.

That's what I'm talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment