Monday, May 23, 2005

A Post about absoltively NOTHING AT ALL.

COUNTING DOWN:

ahh, it's at times like these that I do so love math:

-6 more days in the office. Count them-6. I love doing the math.
-2 more days till we have the surgery for which we have waited 7 years to have done.

Sometimes, numbers are your friends.

FREELANCE-O-RAMA
I completed another freelance project today, and will get to continue for doing so, from home in the future. Wee-ha! I love working at home.

After June 3rd, I will arrange to pick up a new freelance client. I will train as a barrista down at the "Bad Ass Coffee Shop."

I kid you NOT, that is what it's called.
It is a CHAIN of specialty Kona Coffee/gift stores, and they are based in Hawaii.

Anyway, they are going to train me and then I can sub for them when their people get sick or need a vacation,
BUT
...the beauty is...with the newly acquired barrista skills, I can also sub myself out to all of the other coffee places in town! With a population of 14,000, there are 6 coffee houses/kiosks. The distance from one end of town to the other is less than a half mile. With nary a stop light to be found. (I think people here are such coffee addicts, that the caffeine induced sense of "hurry-up" would only be heightened if a stop light were added into the mix.)
Anyway I train for free, for one client, and get to market myself to 5 others.

Yay for 'mom-n-pop' businesses in the tourist town.

It is fun because some one will come into a store and interact with me one day, and then the next week I will be at a totally different store, or office, and they get confuzzled.
I enjoy that.

So 6 more days and I will be unencumbered by the 8-5 job.

PORTLAND OREGON BLUES
2 more days and I will play Nurse Ratchett to my beloved daughter. Then I will take my first born son to camp 200 miles away, and only get to go and fetch him back on weekends.

Needless to say, I will be driving to Portland alot this summer.

MY PLACE IN THE SUN
Stu is looking up a gig he found on the internet.
It will mean he has to commute to Portland, LA and all over the globe possibly.
Yay.
(oops. Did I say that out loud?) ;o)

(Maybe I don't care.)
Maybe I do.
I dunno sometimes.
Its a good thing that God is Bigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment