Tuesday, March 8, 2005

Mt St Helens Farts

So I posted the first blurb about it at Metallicity.
Since then things have settled down a bit here. We Oregonians get excited about our neighboring state's volcano. As far as residents living within 500 miles of the mountain are concerned, Mt St Helens belongs to everybody in the Pacific Northwest. May of us remember when she blew in 1980, and the bizarre dusty, annoying rain of ash that fell the next day(s).
So if I appear to be wound up, well...I AM!
Hey, I love geology!
So here is the latest according to Portland's KGW News 8 and KATU .

Corrections to the Metallicity update that I previously posted.
Apparently there was a 2.0 earhtquake. (2.0? Big deal? I think I know people who belch louder than that.) and the Weather Service has issued a "Falling Ash Alert."
I have no fear of falling on my ash, that's for sure.
I live about 6 hours south of the mountain.
(ahem - cough!)
;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment