Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Inspiration comes at goofy times

Why is it that inspiration comes right before some other required task? Right before I have to spend days at work focusing on the mundane for the sake of duty>

This post is in reference to the amazing body of work that is always cropping up courtesy of photographer and boy genius Jason Rydquist (Aka Heinrick, Aka Fahrmboy).

This guy's work inspires me like few others.

He has an amazing ability to communicate thoguhts and emotions using sometimes the barest images and at other times he has the gaul to stage a shoot using props, lighting, anything at his disposal that will leave the viewer with a reaction.

This is the sort of person I aspire to be.

And yet, at the end of the day, I am only myself.
And I think, "therefore, how has God gifted and enlightened me to be on this day?"
How will I follow through with that tomorrow.
Now while Mister Rydquist is not necessarily interested in the things of God always, I still see God's handprint all over him.
As for me, God uses Jason to remind me that I too ave gifts. Very different than Jasons, but I can aspire to be myself, as Jason aspires to be his ownself.

These things we can learn from observing each other.

Please buy this guys prints.
Please some one, bankroll the publishing of his coffee table books and calendars.

And my sincere prayer is that he will never become a collossal a-hole after the caliber of Thomas Kinkade, once he finds his niche and makes his millions.

No comments:

Post a Comment