Thursday, September 11, 2008

Heroes

I have been watching the NBC series entitled "Heroes."
Typically I detest watching broadcast tv, considering it to be a colossal waste of time, however this new series has intrigued me, as I think it has good writing. I think the writing is so good that not only does it cause the viewer to wonder what will happen next, I think in some cases that it causes the viewer to exercise their own imaginations as to what COULD possibly happen next.
So as I was doing this very thing one day, I thought to myself, "Michelle, if you could have a power or 'ability' what would it be? "
No matter what power I opted for, I came to the conclusion that it was one I already posessed - through the power of Jesus Christ.
It was an inspiring communion moment between God and I.
Yes, I "had Power," but also, am I truly USING that power? As He intends me to use it? Conviction sets in at this point.
One of the show's characters, Hiro Nakamura, makes the statement early in the first season saying , "A Hero who does not use his power does not deserve to have it."
Decidedly so.
And yet God is so gracious to let us exist, even while we are failing Him all the day. Such is the power of His matchless grace and love.

1 comment:

  1. And here is another thought in that same vein: so, one of the powers I would choose, would have been to have the ability to make people understand in a deep, life changing way, exactly how much they were loved by God. To the point that it would affect how they lived their next moment, their next day, their next year, for the rest of their life. Apparently God days, This power is already mine. Now to extrapolate that day dream further: what if my using of said power would detract 5 years from my lifespan every time I shared it? Would that affect my ability to share it? And to what extent?

    Unless you have seen this series, I think all of my musings above are pointless and make little sense.

    Its like have 1 wish to make for your whole life. how do you use it?
    If you could choose a super power, what would it be?

    Basically I think whatever most of us would end up settling on, we would find that Jesus says He has already given that power to us.

    ReplyDelete