Wednesday, October 1, 2008

And so I did see with New Eyes

So instead of giving in to frustration - the inspiration that arrived on the heels of a mundane and slow work day, I chose to look upon my surroundings with new eyes.

I work in a vendor mall , with 60 different vendors each stocking their own individual booths with their own individual products ranging from the antique to the kitchy. From the random and indescribable to the downright ugly. Its all here. So I gazed with new inspiration on elderly chairs, and dead-eyed dolls. On a cast iron Mr Peanut and an old chrome icebucket with a lucite handle from the 1950's.

I looked on these sorts of things, and tried to imagine how I would arrange them in a shoot.

It was a good way to spend an otherwise slow day in the curio-shop.
:o)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds fun!

    I had to visit my eye dr at another office location I don't normally go to. I had seen a picture of it on their site but in person, it was very artsy. The main dr had it built in the style of a lodge. It's very architecturally interesting.

    I also take pics of clouds and get other students on campus asking "are you an architecture major?" cause they just happen to see a building and not the clouds I'm shooting over it. :D

    ~L~

    ReplyDelete