Thursday, February 3, 2005

What a great day!

Wednesday.

What a terrific day!

I took a"mental health" day.

I refused to answer the phone.

The kids were in school.

I painted for the first half of the day, and messed with my Sonic Foundry program and playing music the second half of the day.

I made progress on the whistle and mando' parts for Morning Jig.



I remember a long time ago, I was talking to a friend and telling him how I was gonna quit my day job to paint and play music - which I did. He was very encouraging, even when I had to take up the day job again, when Stu got laid off. I thought of him yesterday and, and said to myself,

"Dang Steve! Remember when we talked about the "what if's" of being able to spend your days, working on the projects that were closest to your heart, and managing to eek out a living from it at the same time?"



Call me an idealist and a dreamer, but I was reminded of the value of striving toward the things that other people might consider impossible. To achieve a goal, you have to look past it, and sink your energy into going beyond it.



Well, that right there gives me a whole world of activities and direction to ponder.





No comments:

Post a Comment