Friday, February 4, 2005

Art Class

Today I teach the combined 4th and 5th graders.

It has been a few years since I was a permanent installment at the school, and the last class I taught was the 5th graders who, at that time were in 1st grade. I will run the art-cards, and they will be a huge help since they were exposed to them so long ago, and then we will pursue a new artist: Horace Pippin. Well, a new artist for me anyway. I have managed to clump my lunch and breaks all together so this will give me a full hour and a half; to get to the school, teach the one hour lesson, and then get back to work.

I am so glad to have a full hour for art.

It is dead impossible to teach any thing of any value in 40 minutes - which is what I had previously. I used to get 1 1/2 hours with each grade, each week. It's way more fun to teach when you have that kind of a block of time.

How I miss it.



Again, it's a matter of wishing I could quit my day job, so that I could volunteer teach all the grades again at the school.

Stupid, bloody day job!

It's only function is to supply necessary funds for me to squander on frivolous things like mortgage and utilities and food, etc.

Wretched awful little day job!

Getting in the way of nice things like art teaching and playing music/busking and painting and writing.

Please MR. Boss Sir,

*grovels*,

I need to keep my day job Mr Sir.

May I please lick your boots today Mr. Sir?







No comments:

Post a Comment