Friday, February 11, 2005

Lessee....

The Bane of My Day?

Yes, I came back from a lunch break and the photocopy/fax/printer is stuck at Fax Rec've mode, and gives me error lights and beeping saying load paper - which it is already BLOODY FULL OF!!!!! At this point in the day, do I care? have a I recklessly become an employee with a bad attitude on this Friday?
Apparently so.
I am sorry.
But this is one receptionist who can't tell the difference between a RJ 21x and a set of 66 blocks.
Nor can I tell the difference between who's responsibility it is to complete a cross connect.

But they all get mad at me when I don't grok the tech talk nor do I know what peice of equipment when they tell me over the phone what I am supposed to do to configure the building for telephone and internet services. With three different providers, saying they have 12 different responsibilities, and never does the one at hand seem to be there's, I don;t know how I am supposed to know everybodies flippin' job in the telephone programming world.

And ya know what?
I am not supposed to know either.
By day, I am not a "telephone guy."
I am a secretary.

No comments:

Post a Comment