Wednesday, January 5, 2005

Wednesday

The snow has remained, in all its fluffy glory, for almost a week now, and there is hope for more on the way. Yay. Not that this years current snow fall could compare to the deluge of last January where we got 2 feet in one day and it stayed around until March. THAT was fabulous!

Even so, it's nice and cold so there is hope for the snow to stick around for a while longer.



Loosing Faith in the prospects:

I find it hard to believe that we will be able to go on living here, in Central Oregon.

There just isn't a large enough market to support all the would-be film producers and TV people that are coming in from LA. I could be wrong, but it seems to me that the market is over-saturated. As things appear, I don't fully believe that Stu will be able to earn enough just by freelancing solely in Central Oregon. So either he has to commute, or I have to get a better job and/or commute myself. The employer does not want experience because he doesn't want to pay the appropriate wage for it, and wants the ability to abuse the young worker with 60 hour weeks and pay him peanuts for it. Stu is way beyond that, so that is why I say, outside of LA, there no way he is going to get paid scale in Central OR.



It's time to fish or cut bait.

The reality is that the gig is NOT here.





























No comments:

Post a Comment