Friday, January 14, 2005

Friday's Happy Surprise

Well that was interesting.

Someone from one of the local design houses stopped by and asked if they could take a copy of the RIMH manuscript back the office to have some of their people look it over.

That was kinda out of the blue.

I wonder which ex-Multnomah-ite mentioned it to them, because it's only a few of my ex-coworkers in editorial and publicity that have seen it.

Interesting.

I have become really adamant about some of the illo's.

(It is a read-aloud/picture book after all.)

I am not willing to dumb down or weenie out, milk-toast style on some of the concepts. I also don't believe I want to do my own market research just to get a publisher to look at it. That's their job and if that is what it takes to get it into a useable format, then I think I will look at self publishing in the far future - when ever it happens. Unfortunately, I have met so many kids that I would love to have given a copy to already.

Kids in the hospital.

Kids going through hard times, and even some adults.



Time will tell.



Barb and I kinda had our hearts set on one particular illustrator though, but we can't afford his services just yet.

I am still hoping for a miracle to occur: that some one will see his work, and the heart of the story and be willing to invest in the project.



Yes, I know I live in faery land.

But hey, stranger things have happened.



"Ye have not, because ye ask not."



Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment