Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Well Said Lehsa!

WOW!

Her blog post for 11/16/04 REALLY defines an important issue in The Community.

And she asks a question that has plagued me, but I was not able to articulate:



LEHSA: "Nobody seems to want to fight for our chatroom. I don't get the feeling anybody cares that our chatroom is becoming the equivalent of a ghetto chatroom."



I wonder why this is, that no one seems to speak up? Where has the Community gone?

Lehsa also goes on to point out what I think may be part of the answer:



LEHSA: "They think, 'I'm special!' "



Somewhere we stopped being a Community, and started looking only to our own interests and wanting to *Shine Up Our Own Sign.*



There seems to be a growing attitude of: "Oooo everybody look at me! I was a bloody beta tester for blah blah blah game. Ain't I all that?"



Pfah!



It is this kind of one-up-manship that kills morale and eventually the Community.



Thanks Lesha for speaking up!





No comments:

Post a Comment