Saturday, November 27, 2004

Black Friday

Yes I participated.

Man I haven't actually shopped on The Day After TG for more than...lessee *thinks*...well

at LEAST 12 years. B- and Dani wanted to go and be at the store at 6am. On a whim I said, "Hey sure, it's been a long time why not?" I also remember thinking, "I'm sure there's a good reason why I've avoided this for 12+ years, but I will go along for the fun anyhow."

I am SO glad I did!

I got up a 4:30am, and drove over to B's house. We hit the Fred Meyer's expecting a line, and there was none! We got in, got some stuff that wasn't all picked over in the toy dept and got right back out. Hitting the Star Bucks just outside the building of course! Next we hit up the Wal-Mart. More populated in side, but not impossible. Got some really great deals due to the 50% offness for the first 6 hours of the sale! I was sooo pleased with my thrifty-ness! Then we headed over to Target. By now its about 7:30am and there are alot more people. Went over over to Costco which was totally empty! It was great! We got some lunch at 9am and then cruised down to the Olde Mill District to the artsy-fartsy shops. Major sale and major score at Gap, Pac Sun, and American Eagle! There was hardly anybody in the whole district. By now, its 9:30 and we already know that people are hitting up the Wal-Mart and the Target pretty hard. It was great.

We had a leisurely lunch at El Jimadore down by Drake Park and then went to the Mall.

It was now very late in the day for us...1pm, and we were all wiped. So I dropped Dani and B back off a the house and went home. All in all, I got ALL of my Christmas shopping done in one day, except for my dad, Pat, and I still have a little bit to do for my littlest. It is such a good feeling to have it all finished! Normally I am running around the second week of December with bronchitis, trying not to pass-out in the check out line. This year when I get sick, I can just stay home and get well! What a thot!

B, Dani and I made a pact that we are gonna do this again next year!

Why did I spend the last 12 years doing this the stupid way?



No comments:

Post a Comment