Tuesday, November 9, 2004

THE BIRTHDAY RENN QUEEN:

My daughter turned 12 on Friday, and one of her gifts was a Not-So-Extreme Home Makeover on her bedroom. Daddy took her out for two hours, in which time I completely emptied and refilled her room with new furnishings and art etc. Because of her previous paint job - Red, Gold and (not olive but almost) Green acccents - we decided to go for a classic Renn Masters Style. Using some prints from Raphael, Boticelli, Titian, DaVinci and with velvets and brocades and what not. I had planned to put up a silver embossing that I have been working on a as well as a portrait I started but I ran out of time so those will be put up near Chritmas. I mounted some DaVinci mechanical drawings on black foam core and hang them in 3 seperate groupings in her room. As I was looking through DaVinci's studies for the Crossbow and the Seige Engine and Water Processing devices I was struck with the similarities to some of the MRED mechanical drawings found in the journals. I had to laugh and said to myself,

"You guys! (Referring to Cyan)

"I recognise this style!"

That is what gave me the idea to park a few of the Exile drawings among the DaVinci's.

My daughter came home just has I was putting up the last Raphael painting. Blake parked himself back int he corner of her room with the video cam, and I closed her door and pretended to be busy in the kitchen as she came in.

"Did you and dad have a good time?" I asked her.

"Yeah, but I am so full of icecream I am not hungry for dinner right now," she answered.

"Ok, well, your rats have been lonely so you should probably go in your room and feed them and play with them a while."

(*snicker, snicker!*)

It was histerical!

She totally flipped OUT!!

She walked around and around the room looking at the art work, which I displayed at a height a little higher that her eye level. She is certainly a Queen among pre-teens now. ;o)

She hasn't made the connection regarding the Exile drawings yet - at least not verbalised it, although I have noticed her looking at the diagrams.

Heheh!!

The Exile drawings are dead center, in a group of three, with the water-wheel on one side and the giant crossbow on the other. I have a really nice rennaissance painting of St. Francis, and if she doesn't pick up on the Exile drawing by the end of the month, I think I will slip in an image of Gehn, from the Golden Dome on Temple Island, which is done in a stained glass style, and see how long it takes for her to catch on.



After Friday night, we went to stay at the beach house.



We had great weather for November.

High overcast and nary a raindrop in sight.

A rarity for the Oregon Coast I can assure you.

;o)



For a pictorial tour you can visit:

http://www.geocities.com/orcoast2004



I wish I had shot film this time instead of digital.

I should learn to quit being lazy and cheap and take both from now on, just in case.







No comments:

Post a Comment