Wednesday, April 13, 2011

How was it that more of my posts from several years ago seemed (at least to me) to be FAR more amusing than my posts of today?

What is different?
Am I still me?

Apparently, back when I was at "my most pithy" was when I was working full time, as an executive secretary. Surrounded by people 8.5 hours a day, and subjected to the crazy whims of an elite commercial real estate developer boss, I seemed more able to gain access to a sense of the absurd.

Maybe it was the fact that I was inescapably surrounded by human beings, and had ample fodder for ridiculous commentary?

Perhaps it was that my direct supervisor, Donna Kightlinger, possessed a razor sharp mind, wit and quick tongue, and her witty repartee propelled my own creativity?

Frankly I think the latter, combined with a sprinkling of the former, was to blame. Also, the fact tha I have become old, dismal, hermit-like, and take care of an elderly old coot who makes me crazy, and then of course, I also care for my elderly dad. ;o)
I suppose these things suck the creative spirit right out of me.
:o)

Anyway. I hoep that by barfing out a plethora of words on a daily basis will remedy the situation and perhaps I will find my old humour again.

I know it lives.
I see it every day in my kids - not that their humour is mine, but I see glimpses of myself in them and it inspires me to accept myself more.

No comments:

Post a Comment