Saturday, April 23, 2011

Cleaned out the Garage

I should have taken a photo BEFORE I started.

Scout came in from extricating her bi-fold closet doors from the mess that was the garage.
"Mom, it's a hazard out there", says she.

So yesterday I tackled it.

The BEFORE pic would have shown no floor space, as one was forced to walk ON TOP of everything in there including but not limited to camping gear, broken jars, various tools, an old ripped blue piece of tarp clothing, boots, mis-matched shoes, sports equipment, and other unmentionables.

In any case, the debacle that was, has now been tamed to this:

The front half of the garage:


And the back of the garage is the "Cube" aka the "Boy Lair" that my son and his friends inhabit when he comes home to visit:



Last night I was in SO much pain I could not do a thing. I actually resorted to taking a
Flexeril - which I do not like. I don't even like to take Tylenol or Ibuprofen. I don't like pain meds. The main reason for my pain, I believe, is due to moving the "Golden-Food-Bot" (shown below) from its entombed state within the bowels of the garage, up onto this dolley, almost singlehandedly. (Scout helped by holding the dolley in place while I lifted, scooted and pushed the Food Bot into its place.)


"I have been spray painted with metallic gold paint."


Today is only a marginal improvement, as I still had "loose end" tasks to complete in the aftermath of this grand clean out.
Tomorrow is Easter.
I will rest between cooking tasks.

1 comment:

  1. Addendum: Due to the "newer" fridge being so loud and so electrically hungry, we are replacing it with our good friend "The Golden Food Bot".

    Yes.

    This creature will soon inhabit our kitchen. Protecting and serving our food.

    Long live Golden Food Bot.
    (Someone needs to draw us a comic strip with "Golden Food Bot" so we can stick it to the front of the fridge.)

    ReplyDelete