Monday, February 5, 2007

"Global Warming" my Gi-normous hiney!!!

Hey! isn't it crazy?
The cold spell that happens every few years.

Human are worried that our emissions have created this huge global warming issue and that may well be.

How ever, I don't hear anybody stating the obvious opposite:

Humans! You are arrogant!
You IMAGINE that your presence makes a difference to the cycles that this planet has been in for eons?

You are small (crunchy and good with ketchup according to "certain beings") and it is very likely that you have not so great an imapct on this planet as you might think. And you ARE very wont to think so highly of your own magnificence. ( BTW, isn't that what got Satan/Lucifer cast out? He fell in love wiht his own beauty until he couldn't see past it and became ugly and vile etc? Soemthing to think about...) ANY---Waaaaaaay...

Humans, it is just as likely that you don't make any difference and our globe is doing what it does the way that God designed it.

Get over yourselves humanity.

Your only value is what God assesses to each individual, and to Him you value as a person is priceless... but as far as afecting such a grand and global change - - - well, get over yourself humanity.

Such things are counter to what people want to hear.

but its my blog and I can say what I want.

People don't have to read....unless they have signed up for an RSS feed and then they have to delete it asap, after the begin to get offended, but oh well, what can I do about that?
:O)

2 comments:

  1. Have you seen Al Gore's movie? OMG if it's not a "I want to run for President in 2008" compaign. I could hear it in the other room when I visited my folks sometime last yr. My dad wasn't into it... he's not a fan but he was watching it for objectivity. He was also making sarcastic remarks along with my brother about it and the creation of the internet. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "and it is very likely that you [humans] have not so great an imapct on this planet as you might think." um.. tell that to the dodo :-| .. <.< >.>

    anyway global warming aside.

    I read that remark and I thought. Well that's a pretty stupid thing to say.
    and I'm pretty sure you're not stupid.
    So I'm not sure why you would say something so flippant.

    My personal belief:
    A few modern day nuclear bombs go off and I truly think we could destroy most life (human/animal/plant/microbe) on this here globe. At what point do we not have that great an impact??

    Tools on hand, we have enough machines and technology to do quite a bit of impact, both positive and negative, on this here world. Regaradless of whether or not you buy into global warming, go to any old growth forrest in WA/OR and you'll see something you won't see anywhere else. Trees! So big you'd need 3/4/5/6 people all holding hands to fit around them. They just don't grow that big without time. And everywhere else they've already been chopped down and clear cut. Sure maybe nature can fix itself.. but on time tables of hundreds of years. You just can't grow a 300yr old tree any quicker. Sure, God used to back in the ol' days before clearcutting.. back then he just spoke em into existence, now we actually have to wait for them to get that size.. Sure they could get that size again, but we need the lumber--when would we let them?? And where they used to grow there's now giant cities of concrete and steel you have to go way out to where you live to see trees like that anymore.

    I mean if you don't think that we can impact the globe you're honestly crazy and/or in denial. Which is fine, but sheesh.. don't expect people to think that you're not A or B if you go around blogging about it. :-P

    As for global warming itself. Whether or not the earth is made to get warmer and cooler or eons or what have you. *blah *blah *blah

    All it takes for me to show me that something is off kilter is that when Ernest Hemmingway wrote the book "The Snows of Kilimanjaro" in 1952--there were snows on Kilimanjaro.. there aren't anymore.. so in.. 55yrs Snows that 'have always been there' suddenly aren't.

    Now I'm not sure about you, but that seems like a hmm.. O.o *curious* to me. I feel like that's too fast a climate change to not be worried about it.

    Whether or not your hiney is ginormous--well that can be debated by the scholars. But I do think we as gardeners ought to be careful when we have so much at our dispense to change our environment for good or ill. And if we have gained any airs since we were created, I certainly know who is to blame:

    "And God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, after Our likeness; and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth."

    So God created man in His own image, in the image of God created He him; male and female created He them.

    And God blessed them, and God said unto them, "Be fruitful and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it; and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth."

    And the LORD God said, "Behold, the man has become as one of Us"

    we were made that way.

    So I think it's fine to be worried about out climate change, whether we're responsible or not--it's having an impact already (hurricane season >.<). And I would even go beyond "fine" and say it is our (duty/responsibility/obligation/place/job) to worry about it.

    So make light of it all you want, but just because I don't believe in God, it doesn't mean he doesn't exist, and likewise just because you don't believe in global warming, doesn't mean it's not happening. :-|

    (I'm just saying)

    ReplyDelete