Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Inspirations

Well I was preparing to dismantle my studio today and I came across some post cards of images that I had collected last summer. Postcards that I had been given by an artist who's work I encountered and which stole the breath out of my lungs the minute I saw it hanging on a back wall in a small gallery. The artists name was Peter H Peterson. You can find his work here at the Uffelman Gallery, and if you click ENTER, and then click the link to his name and select the "Lyrical" gallery, it will give you a basic feel for his style. Anyway, as luck would have it, during the course of the week, I ended up meeting the Mr Peterson as he was finishing a piece in the back of the gallery.
His energy has fueled a full year of my work. Though there is no comparison at all between what he does and what I do, still, I remember him often and his dedication and vibrant works are a guiding light to me to pursue and persevere.
Another fabulous artist I have found at DeviantART (of all places, I know!) The first of which is known as:

Numb-Synapse please please take just a few moments and surf through her gallery. It is WELL worth it!

The other is my new favorite, a sculptor from southern France named Remy Tassou.
Please, check out his galleries, both at DevART as well as his own personal site.
I think his work belongs in Seattle first, and for obvious reasons.
There is not trash in this "Cyber-Trash" Gallery!

Anyway, that is what I am feeding on these days.
:o)

No comments:

Post a Comment