Monday, October 16, 2006

Gone for a while

I will be making another trip to Rhode Island this Saturday. My step mom is passing away and I will be leaving at the end of this week. I am hoping to visit my step mom again while she can recieve visitors, and I would like to be a help to Judy (my step sister) and to my dad.

Even so, it is with a dreadfully heavy heart that I leave my kids behind for so long a time. Its not like Stu can't handle it, he can, I mean he is a dad and what not, of course he's got it 'dialed-in.'

It's just that...well he isn't "The Mom."

Will he really worry about who gets what lunch on what day, and that it will have the main food groups represented in it? (protein? starch? vegetable/fruit groups?) Will he actually make/cook proper food - no matter how simple - or will he blow the nest-egg on chinese take-out and pizza and donuts?

I don't know. The answers to these and other puzzling questions elude me and therefore unnerve me.

I am going to miss each of my kids desperately. Horribly. I haven't even left yet, and I am already missing them.

Fortunately God is here, and He is in Rhode Island too. He watches over us all.

That is my only comfort.

So all things cyber such as blogposts, art uploads etc will be delayed until after I return, however, email will still remain a reliable way to contact me during this time.


Mih-

No comments:

Post a Comment