Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Catalog Project

So,
a local merchant has hired me to work on a wholesale catalog for their business.
So far they haven't sent me any actual TEXT, so I had to just slap some random words in there in the mean time, under the images where she said she wanted them for page 1 and page 2.
There business is kind of a "Down Home, Americana" product business and so I thought the gingham BG worked, but I am not sure if it isn't still too busy. When I get to putting up pages with multiple products, then I will probably have to scale WAY back n the gingham, unless I just ghost it out even more.
The process is fun though.

3 comments:

  1. How 'bout just using the gingham as just a border for the pictures? It delivers the feel of the material without overdoing the background for the rest of the page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wondered what it would be like to do a catalog.

    Actually in the last 2 or so weeks I've been given two assignments; I've done both a "how to maintain your floppy" brochure for work (yes students are using ancient floppies) and now a new one about buying laptops through the university.

    And I'm still doing the Mysterium brochure which I need to go back and do. And I am working up some other things for Mysterium. I'm feeling creative this year. :D

    ~L~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah there are always things to do for Mysterium eh?
    Scrapes has got me working on a small project for her on the side that is image related. I am kinda picking away at it and have set a tentative goal for myself to have it ompleted by the end of March, then she can still have time to do what ever else she wants to it.

    ReplyDelete