Thursday, April 28, 2016

Packing and Prepping.

I am overwhelmed and exhausted.

Packing up all of my belongings. Getting rid of some that I never thought I would.
Last time I moved I kept things "in hopes that I would have time/space to use them in the future."

I can't keep storing a bunch of stuff for that future.
I need to jettison as much as possible to avoid needing a huge storage unit.

So things are going bye bye.
This makes me sad.

I know I've flogged this dead horse before, but I'm gonna do it again now anyway.
I really hate how people are taking advantage of their fellow man by gouging people in rent. In the span of two years, rent for a simple 1 bedroom apt has gone from $650-ish to $1100 and more. Because the law only allows landlords to raise rents by a certain percentage annually, many landlords are giving their tenants 60 day notice, and the tenant is required to re-apply for their apt at the new higher rental rate. Often the new rate is nearly double. This has increased our local homeless population dramatically.

As I look for a place to rent, I go from being despondent to indignant. It's is obscene what these people are doing.

Fortunately my friend is willing to finish the apt she began constructing in her garage. She has agreed to rent it to me at a price I can afford. I am so lucky!

In the mean time, I will be living in my little trailer with the two cats, until the apt is ready. Fortunately there are public restrooms at the park nearby where I work, which has had new showers installed. I will utilize this for the few months while waiting to move in to the apt.


I REALLY hate putting all of my stuff in storage though.

No comments:

Post a Comment