Saturday, April 16, 2016

Home is Where Your Heart is: aka Trusting for God to provide whilst staring down the gaping maw of homelessness.

I think that is the longest title I have ever had on a single blog post.


So as many of you know, our house finally sold. It was a thing that needed to happen.
Grampa has passed away.
Helga the family dog followed soon after him.
All of the children graduated and moved to Portland.
And we got our divorce.

We listed the house last year, but there was not much interest.
This year we listed it and it sold within a month.

Last year I had a studio to live in.
This year I have none.

The rents have jumped beyond ridiculous. As many of you know.
What used to be an apt tha rented for $650 2 years ago is now up over $1200 per month.

There are those who have known me for many years.
They've witnessed what they considered to be my struggles, but to me were just ordinary life and I believe I was blessed greatly even in the midst of struggle.

There are those that say to me now, "be patient, God will provide. He didn't bring you all this way to leave you homeless."

This coudl very well be true, but at the same time, such thoughts bring us down to the level of "deserve".
As if I deserve something.
I'll tell you what I deserve from God. It's the same as you deserve, as has every other human that drew breath deserves:

From God's perspective, I am a sinner. And I can't undo what I've ever done. Nor can I stop being imperfect.

Therefore, in the eyes of God Almighty, I deserve Hell and Death.
Do I have better?
Yes. So then why would I expect any more from God.

But WAIT! If you order now, you too can have all that Sin BS erased!
In one not-so-easy payment, God took care of it all.

Through Jesus sacrifice.

So do I deserve Hell and Death? Yes.
Do I have better? Yes.
Then shut up, Michelle.

So...
I do believe that God sold my house.
Logically therefore, I can equally believe that God will make sure I have a roof over my head.

What does that look like?
Who knows.

If all else fails, I will live in my camping trailer.
With my two cats.
They will get used to it. Because I will be there with them.

So as it stands right now, there is nothing available for me to rent at a price I can afford.
I need a 10x20 storage unit to put both my crap and my kids' crap into as of May 31.
There are no storage units available. And even those that are available in neighboring towns have gone up the way that rents have - to unreasonable.

So, this is my odyssey for 2016.
What will God do?

I will watch and pray and be ready.




No comments:

Post a Comment