Monday, January 8, 2007

Little Bagdad

That is what the inside of my car looks like.
I gotta clean it out today before I hit the road in it.
I go back to RI today and return late late Wednesday night.
I have begun working on the LA Mysterium Mega Map, and I plan to work on it while sitting in the airports, waiting for my delayed flights to arrive.

Anyway, the potential for fun and exciting things to do in LA is amazing!
JPL, Griffith Observatory, Getty museum, Venice/Muscle Beach, sand, sun(burn) and fun galore - not to mention that family attractions like Disney and sKnott's Berry Farm, Universal Studios etc. There is also a big computer convention in July happening - not fun, game stuff though - just a bunch of "egg-head" stuff.
;o)

(hee hee hee!!!)

Anyway, hopefully I can get a good start on the mega map!

See ya when I get back.
IF I get back...
how I HATE to fly!!!!
I hope I don't die!
Good thing LA is within driving distance!
This will also give me a chance to visit with some good friends in Venice.
Yay to whoever voted for LA!
For me it was a toss up between Boston and LA.

WEll there it is.
Have a good 2nd week of JAnuary.

4 comments:

  1. I really think L.A. is a bad choice for mysterium, I'm not sure why anyone would have voted for it. There's certainly a lot of stuff to do in the area. It's just going to be an uber expensive trip, and L.A. to me sort of represents the things I don't like about America. Traffic Glamour Bling and Fake Breasts. That whole nonsense that is "ellaye." I think East Coast cities have more history, more character, & more charm. And San Diego is probably equally expensive, but at least San Diego is laid back, and you can actually kind of relax and chill and such. ^.^ I just think "elleaye" will be a bit too much 'elleaye' for it's own good. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mih (yes, I remember that name from ages past in the world of Myst). You know who this is from dA. But shhh, it's a bit of a secret.

    I've been moonlighting your blog for far too long. I think I even still have "These are not my pants" on my hard-drive somewhere.

    Just popping in to say hello, as I've started the blogger thing too.

    And I agree with Queue - why you're thrilled about LA I have no idea. Ew.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, really with every city that is chosen thare are ALWAYS pro's and con's. LA, while it is yet another big dirty city, it also has many amenities such as the pacific ocean that we can visit, Pet Propulsion Labs, Griffith Observatory, LaBrea, The Getty Museum and other entertainments besides the typical things we thik of such as Disney, sKnott's Berry Farm, Universal Studios and Lego-land. Many of these better known attractons are further sout by approximately and hour, and people will need to devise their own excursions there I would think, although we are working on providing maps and info for those things as well.
    When it boils down to it, why would anyone ever planning on a Mysterium imagine that any city would be ideal, (unless of course it was in their own back yard, and really, that is THE most ridiculous expectation). Frankly inho, Toronto was the most HEllish place on earth, and I gave that event 150% of my energy and it still came out lacking imho, due to the city/country.
    But Mysterium isn't about me.
    Mysterium, is not about the individual desires of any single person but as a collective.
    (Resistance is futile.)
    ;o)
    The beauty is not necessarily found in any location, but within the company we choose to keep.
    :o)

    AS for me, I am driving.
    I have had enough of flying.
    (eeGADS! How I hate it!)

    LA will be no different, (better or worse) than any other city in America. (Except BEnd Oregon.)
    If you all visited here, then you trouly WOULD have found the perfect site for the event and there would never ever be antoher need to vote because ALL would want to hold Mysterium here for ever and ever Amen.
    ;o)


    mih-
    hehheheheh!
    And David - gah! Don't be such a lurker! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG OMG OMG!!!!

    Did you see that???
    That typo in my last comment?
    Instead of Jet Propulsion Lab, I wrote "Pet" Propulsion Lab!.

    now THAT would be something to SEE!

    ;o)

    mih-

    ReplyDelete