Sunday, January 14, 2007

Deschutes County Sherriff, Sisters Oregon Office: Swaggering Small Town Cops Swoop Down on Innocent Youths

Dang am I pissed!
Who the heck ever heard of a 10:pm curfew outside of a bloody war zone?
So it is Saturday night, January 13th.
I live in a small town.
Population less than 1200.
The most news worthy crimes here tend to be infractions commited when deer wander into the wrong yard, or when some kids prank the local busy body by lighting a sack of dog poop on fire and leaving it on her porch.
Imagine my ire, when my son comes home after I have dropped him off at 11pm for a simple game of Capture the Flag with his mates, and he comes home to regale me with tales of policemen chasing down others in his party and actually accosting him - asking him "what he had been drinking and where is the spray paint?"

I swear!
What is this town coming to, when kids can't even go out and play a game together without being accused of soemthing just because they're there?
Yeah I could see maybe in a city. but people!
This is freakin' Sisters!
Norman Rockwell-ville. (Or almost)
It must have been a slow night at the donut shop to bring these guys down into Sisters for a "Raid" on two capture-the-flag teams.

Who the heck ever heard of a 10pm curfew?
The whole state of Oregon has a midnight curfew....who do the Sisters Law Enforcement Officials think they are, instituting something other than what the state mandates with no good and visible reason??

Well, when the officer approached my son, my son stood there and answered the man and gave him his name and phone number and address and all that, and all I can say is "Bring it on John-Law!"
You better call me asap!
Otherwise I willc ome down there and ask you these questions face to face.
(Don't make come down there!) ;O)
I require some answers and they better be dang good ones!


Moral of the story?
Don't care who you are: don't mess with my kids, unless you have a good reason and even then, you are gonna do some explaining!

5 comments:

  1. mihshehlllll! You got some 'splainin to dooo... Sorry, all of a sudden I found myself having to type that phrase. I don't know why.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh Ranster?
    Cyber though you may be, you are still one of my kids.
    Don't nobody screw with you or I will dig their eyes out with a spoon.
    :o)
    Gleefully.

    Mommih.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this also explains my inherent distrust for law enforcement officials.. perhaps someday I shall have to tell you my story of how I almost got arrested for a DWI while not being drunk nor high on anything but life. :-|

    *scared*

    ReplyDelete
  4. DAMMIT RAN BEAT ME TO IT!!!!

    "Luuuucieeeee, You Got Some 'Splainin to doooo!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. -Oh, and by the way, I'm going to subtitute the name Bob for your county name as there's no way in hell I can pronounce "Deschutes" without thinking it's a Belgian term for something grossly biological.

    So, It's Bob County Sherriff, Sisters Oregon Office in my book.

    ReplyDelete