Tuesday, August 8, 2006

Favorite Author

Stephen R Lawhead is my favorite author.
I just love his style.
Whether he is writing fantasy, Celtic Mythology, historical fiction or Sci-Fi.
He has this amazing ability to draw me into the story from the first paragraph.

I stumbled upon a book of his that I was previously unaware of...it was written back in the 80's entitled Dream Thief.

I thought I had read everything he had ever written and as I opened to the first page, that old spark of enjoyment was rekindled in me.

Dang! Dude writes well!!!

ANyway, I got sucked right in to Dream Thief and cannot wait for a free minute when I can pick it back up again.

Ah....the joys of reading "new" Lawhead works.

It is like peeling away ten years of my life.

I got a flat tire today after visiting the library - so what better thing to do while waiting, than to read my newly found treasure.

Anyway, it was a good day!
:o)

OLD Lawhead work:

Sci-Fi:
The Empyrion Saga-
Search for Fiera
Seige of Dome
Dream Thief

Fantasy:
The Dragon King Trilogy-
In The Hall of The Dragon King
Warlords of Nin
The Sword and The Flame

With each series his writing style evolved.

Celtic Lore:
The Pendragon Cycle-
Taliesin
Merlin
Arthur
Grail
Avalon

*****The Song of Albion-
The Paradise Wars
The Silver Hand
The Endless Knot

*****If you are going to start with any Lawhead, I would suggest you start with the Song of Albion series.


Historical Fiction:
Byzantium
Patrick
Celtic Crusades-
The Iron Lance
The Black Rood
The Mystic Rose


Childrens Lit:

Riverbank Stories-
The Tale of Jeremy Vole
The Tale of Anna Hedgehog
The Tale of Timothy Mallard


My own personal favorite reading list, in order?

The Song of Albion Series
The Pendragon Cycle
Grail
Avalon
Byzantium
Patrick
Celtice Crusades Trilogy

And then I would finish up with Early Lawhead:

The Empyrion Saga
Dream Thief
The Dragon King Trilogy
and the childrens stories.





No comments:

Post a Comment