Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Helpful Household Hint of the YEAR!!!!

I love Companion Pet Clinic (tm).
It's like Kaiser, but for Animals.
We had a Companion Pet Clinic when we lived in Portland - the most Honest and thrift minded but compassionate vets I ever knew.

And now I finally found another one!

So the helpful hint they shared with me???

Hydrogen peroxide!

Buy a spray bottle and label it and keep only peroxide in it.
Its many lovlerly uses?

-a wound on man, child or beast that you don't want to apply pressure to but need to sterilize?

Spray the peroxide on the affected area.

-Got a Blood stain on your clothing or elsewhere?

Spray peroxide on the stain. It works much like it does on the wounds - bubbling out the offending germs/molecules whatEVER.

I saw it in action. A lady brought in an injured cat which left blood all over the front of her shirt. The tech sprayed peroxide liberally all over it and I watched the stains almost disappear before my eyes.

-Got some other freaky stain? According to the tech, if you spray it quick with peroxide, then blot it, (or dilute with water/more peroxide and blot it) then you can get rid of most any stain. Impressive.

My poor dear Cat Twizzle:



















You see al lthat thick, downey hair?
Yeah.
She suffered some sort of puncture wound that jammed a HUGE wad of this hair into the wound and she got a horrific absess from it.

Her post surgical care calls for Daily moist hot packs ( Ever try to hold something wet against an injured cat? riiiight) and sterilizing with peroxide. Well, I got smart in one area. I immediately bought a small spray bottle and filled it with peroxide. What could be the most stressful area of her care is a complete no-brainer/non-issue.

If I had only known this when my kids were small, they could have brought all their little 'owies' in and I coudl have zapped a bit of peroxide on there and a bandaid with neosporin and away they could go. All of those bloody noses that every one in our family has suffered (Severe. Lasting 45 min to an hour 3-5 times daily in spring and summer) If I had known the peroxide trick, I wouldn;t have thrown out so many ruined articles of clothing.

And so, I am telling you, it is a good idea to keep a spray bottle of Hydrogen peroxide in hand -

Just in case.

;o)

mih-

No comments:

Post a Comment