Friday, June 17, 2005

I miss my latte machine

Many years ago, I sold my espresso maker because it was not getting sufficient use.
(What was WROnG with me I have no clue)
But after working this week at the Hawaiian Coffee shop known as The Bad Ass coffee company, I have regained my love of being able to concoct a latte at will, in the privacy of my own home.
I will begin to watch the shelves at the Goodwill Thriftstores for suitable replacement.

I updated the Scotsman Mirror today. The Journal has added some new content and Culture and History is one of the sections. They provide at the bottom of each day's update an "On This Day In History" item revolving around some important event or person in/from Scotland.
Man!
There are ALOT!

Here is an tiny excerpt:

"Scots father of the stealth fighter
SHHHH! Keep it to yourself, but the scientist whose discoveries led to the development of the US's stealth fighter was actually a Scot: James Clerk Maxwell."


I had no idea how many pivotal events, people, inventions etc came to grace our world and culture via the Scots! So many things that I had been taught were invented/developed by other people were actually done by the Scots first!
Did you know that?
I mean, The Scots have thought of everything, done everything and been everywhere before everyone else, and then the rest of the world stole their ideas.
I wonder what the Scots would think of Texas?
Texas makes the same bold claims.

;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment