Monday, July 17, 2006

Wonderful, Glorious Joy of Joys!

The latch inside the battery compartment of my camera broke off, and I have since learned that this is typical for this particular model. (Getting a new battery cover/lid will not help since the piece in question is a molded part of the inner compartment.)
I had purchased this camera from a friend, and had only had it for 3 months when it broke.
I was heart broken.

Today, I made a startling discovery which will help any other owners of the Nikon Coolpix 990, overcome the frustrating battery latch issue.
My amazing solution is too incredibly, studpidly simple.
It is called : (drum roll if you please, Maestro...)

" Tripod Plate. "

It screws into the bottom of the camera so that one can go with or with out a tripod. On the Coolpixx 990, when the plate is screwed into the bottom of the camera a significant portion of it covers the battery door - holding it down firmly.
To change batteries, all one must do is simply unscrew the plate.

Yay!

It is SOOOOO elementary!

But I am SOOOOOO happy!


:o)

No comments:

Post a Comment