Friday, July 22, 2005

So some one said a bunch of people from Sisters Community Church wanted a quick, down-and-dirty copy of the stuff I've been playing for communion/prayer and reflection times. I told her I hadn't been playing anything. Just noodles. So she said, "give me the noodles. So I think I am about 4 noodles away from completing that thing this week. With Stu on the road that will give me more time to get it done in relative peace and quiet. Wish I had a better mic. A real mic. Instead of this crappy cheapo one, but down-and-dirty is ok by them. I guess. Not sure that I like that idea though.

Anyway, enough 'o' dat.

BEWARE: LONG GENEALOGICAL MUSING OF NO PARTICULAR INTEREST TO ANYONE EXCEPT MY FAMILY MEMBERS READING.

So I talked to my brother. He said that while there are only three Poutré's he's been able to trace through the Veterans Admin in the US, and with the 2 existing we already know outside of that, that makes 5. However, he said that when he went down to New Olreans there was ALOT of them. He also seems to remember somebody on that side of the family had Nova Scotian roots way way back, but as far as I ever knew it was the Contois side of the family that was from Acadie.
So, the mud gets thicker. Who ever knows. The other interesting thing that we both remember, along with my dad, is that Grandmé always kept a picture of the Queen in her bedroom. I think that when Grandmé died, Memé threw it in the garbage. I am thinking that the Nova Scotians may have crossed out of NS and migrated to Quebec possibly late 1700's - early 1800's, since there are 2 women who came into the family about that time and who knows where from except that Grandmé remembers her Great Grandmé used to "talk about "Acadie," and Grandme used to tell dad about "The Land of Evangeline." Other than that I have no other hard data because the church where taht really old paperwork was housed in the Church Trois Rivieres burned to the ground. (Possible church name or town name?: St Gabriel De Brandon?)

END OF BORING GENEALOGICAL RAMBLE

and...

...on this day in Scottish history


Today is the anniversary of the battle of Falkirk where, in 1298, 80,000 of Edward I's troops faced 30,000 Scots volunteers under William Wallace. The Scots were betrayed by John Comyn, whose cavalry fled the field of battle, handing Edward victory. Wallace resigned as Guardian of Scotland, having escaped to the Continent. Read more about it by becoming a member of the Scotsman Journal or if you aren't ready to join, go to the Scotsman Journal Mirror and read about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment