Monday, May 15, 2017

Pics of my mom.

As a child growing up, I only recall ever seeing one photo of my mother when she wa a child.
I had many from my dad's side of the family as his grandmother was an avid "Kodaker"

The one my mother showed me was of her, sitting on a lawn in a plaid skirt with one of those little Tam-o-shanter hats on over chin length hair.  I don't even know where that photo went or where we were when she showed it to me.  She was probably about 10 yrs old so this would possibly have been around mid to late 1930's.

Anyway, many thanks to my cousing Karen, pictured below: bottom row, second from the right, for finding a bunch of photos in my aunt Becky's photo album and sending them to me.  The are a little bit grainy, but I am very happy to have them.  Thanks Karen!


So in this photo starting at the top left: Uncle Glen, Uncle Dick, Aunt Mary, Aunt Ella,  my dad and in front of him is my mom.  In front of my mom is Grampa Irl. J. Walker, and Gramma Ethel Alta Ready Walker. Beside Gramma is my Aunt Becky.  Kids in the bottom row starting at the left are Billy, me (why a I always doing SOMETHING with my face?!) my cousin Karen and my cousin Dale. ("Deli Bread") This was taken on the front porch of the house on 65th and Foster.

In this photo starting left: Grampa Walker, Uncle Dick, Uncle Glen, Uncle Myron (who died young), my mom and Gramma Walker.


Starting at the top, left : Uncle Dick, Grampa Walker, Uncle Myron.
My mom (look how crazy tall she was!!), Gramma Walker, and the little boy is my Uncle Ed (Karen's dad).  This was taken on the front porch of the house on 65th and Foster.



Left to right: Uncle Dick, Grampa Walker, Gramma Walker, Uncle Glen, my mom, Uncle Ed.
This was taken in the front room of the house on 65th and Foster.

I *think* this is, starting at left: Uncle Dick, mom, Uncle Glen, Gramma, Grampa, Uncle Ed.
Circa 1970's




Starting at the left: Aunt Becky (Karen's mom), Aunt Mary (Uncle Glen's wife) Aunt Ella (Uncle Dick's wife, and my mom.  This was taken on the front porch of the house on 65th and Foster.



From left: My brother, my mom, me, my dad.  This was taken on the front porch of the house on 65th and Foster.


No comments:

Post a Comment