Thursday, February 10, 2011

Done with Facebook

Earlier this year, I attempted a "Facebook Fast": to go for 1 month without checking my facebook.

I failed after 24 hours.

In order for me to really be free of it, I had to delete it.

How funny it is that in such a short time Facebook has revolutionized the way we communicate.

Remember "Email"?

Remember blogging?

In considering deleting my account I came to the conclusion that SO much information crosses peoples walls every day, so many new notifications every ten minutes, that very few people would know that I was even gone from there. In the end, it didn't really matter.

Information will still flow,
Notifications will still show up by the truckload and life will go on.
Eventually some one may notice, but that is the nature of that funny facebook beast.

No comments:

Post a Comment