Monday, December 10, 2007

Uganda and Stuph...

Well it has been a crazy set of weeks.
Stu left on the 29th of November for Uganda.
He had a blast, visiting with the kid we sponsor, (Obed) and his family.
He took a poop-load of pics which I am keen to turn into a coffee table book and get emergency printing on so it can be ready for Cmas.
Scout got her copy of the American Treasury of Poetry, which her poem appeared in, courtesy of her teacher sponsoring it. Blake an dAndrew shot Andrews entrance exam video for Chapman. The construction on Dad's addition to our home goes slower and slower with each passing day (or so it seems). I look forward to the new year, in that my dad will be in his OWN space and I shall get MINE back. Then I will be able to paint and to play music undistracted again. We will re-do MacKenzies bedroom then (currently being inhabited by gramps, Kenzie is living in the dining room). To inspire and encourage myself, I look at Pottery Barn Books checked out from the library. I have now discovered my "New" dining room and will work on it as soon as I finish MacKenzies remodel. She is looking at a Japanese/Anime inspired room.
And of course, after all is said and done, I will begin to overhaul "The Cube."

The Cube is what we refer to as the Editing Suite.
Since the "really good" computers are out there, that is where I play my games. (One game loaded at a time, as I do not want to take up noticable real estate on the work computers.) Anyway, there are two matching couches out there and one of them has two recliners built in to either side.
I can see this becoming a real sweet place to chill as well as work.

I did sort of quit my job (down to 2 or 3 days a month) so that I will be able to care for my dad.
This of course means I will be taking on the extra expense of personal counseling, as I seek for ways to deal with him on an increasingly personal basis.
People!
Kids were NOT meant to go back and live with their parents.
Its just wrong.
Although I know God DOES say in scripture that we are to "honour our mother and father" and I believe that taking "care" of them in their old age is a part of this.
Still...
there are moments when I want to throttle the old coot.
(Not a literal translation. Not to be taken literally.)
Anyway.
That is the scuttle-butt.

2 comments:

  1. "Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord." e 6.4

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy ya got that right!
    Still it doesn't excuse me from proper behaviour, just cuz he is/was a fairly rude parent.

    I still gotta do what is right.

    And dang!
    You know your bible better than me dude!
    Look at you quoting chapter and verse!

    Melly Chlistmas to you daahlink!
    :o)

    mih-

    ReplyDelete