Wednesday, December 6, 2006

Potpourri December 6 2006

Well so many things today:

First there was the discovery of the body of James Kim. For those who are unfamiliar with him, he was the Senior Editor of CNet. (See previous post.)

Very Sad.
Every one in our state (Oregon) has been watching this drama unfold and it is desperately sad. Our prayers go out to Katie and their daughters.

Next,
we rented Narnia again tonight.
I forgot how hopeless I am.
Why?
Because I cannot (NOT~) watch this movie without becoming tearful. These books had such an ENORMOUS impact on me as a highschool freshman, when I read them all. Despite the fact that Disney produced this recent incarnation of The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe, it still managed to come out with the majority of its original sentiments and deep impact.
No small task.
Anyway, there was I this evening:
Watching Edmond make the same fatal mistakes we all make on any given day, and watching the Lion save him and all the rest...well....it is too perfect a story.
Too true on a deep level.
I cannot watch this movie without blubbering.
I keep forgetting.
Then I rent it, and am reminded.
:o/

Third:
I suffered a freak injury today that has become my bane.
Dang it!
I have things TO DO!
I cannot be sitting around here with my leg on ice all the bloody live-long day! These crutches are in my way too! Screw them! How did this happen anyway? What offense did I commit? Was it merely the act of walking?
And Lo, there in my calf/lower leg regions there did occur a cramp of muscle pull which I can defineth not. But yea verily does it pull and ache and all of the Ibuprofen which walks the face of the earth is unable to quench its grip.
Yea though
I partake of the banana and, the vitamin B, and even though I imbibe the nectar of Gatorade, still this cramp/muscle pull deminisheth not!

Anyway, it hurts like 12 yards of you-know-where!

The final blessing?
Today with my kids, while debriefing in the car after school about their school day, I recieved enlightenment; "Now that my kids are all witty/funny, and can hold their own (humour-wise) in the world at large, well my job here on earth is likely done."
It was with great pleasure (and much mirth) that I recieved this revelation.
:o)

So...there is the news (that is not news) for today.

Merry Christmas to you all!

3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed the "not news." We've been watching the James Kim thing all week and... well, it happens.

    Prayers and thoughts to to Kati and the kids and to everyone I've seen calling James stupid for leaving to get help...

    Regardless, go fix your leg, silly.

    Ran

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea Verily!

    Hope the leg mends soon...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you feel better Mih. *hugs*
    I'm still dealing with my eye thingy. I guess we're all injured in some way.

    ~L~

    ReplyDelete