Monday, November 6, 2006

Well, for starters

Yes I am back from New England.
What a wacky place.
Rhode Island.
Land of more political mudslinging on a minute-by-minute basis than you are likely to imagine possible - unless you are Bryan - in which case its all old news.
Case in point?
The current Poo Tossing fest between Lincoln Chaffee and Sheldon Whitehouse.
Good Lord!
I had to laff and laff.
These men appear to be of mature ages and yet their infantile bickering over the TV is more indicative of Jr High sensibilities.
And people wonder what is wrong in the government.
Just look at the men who are "approving their ads."
The answer is in the question.

As far as the view of the "other side" goes:

Some day, when I leave this world, I will want my passing to be just like that of my step-mom:
Knowing God, knowing beyond doubt the Home you are bound for, and with each new morning ,cursing the fact that you woke up in this same old frikkin body again! To spend your last day in a pain free mixture of slumber, and waking to the faces of smiling loved ones. To depart in the prayerful, loving arms of your daughter, who understands where you are right now, and where you are going, and she vocalizes your freedom to go and that the day's partings are only temporary.
And you select your last 2 breaths, and then you stand in awe before Him who loved you before you even knew who He was. Surrounded by friends and family who have arrived in advance to
welcome you to His magnificent feast.
Yes.
They came to visit you before you left.
They met you...in that hospital room to remind you that they were waiting for you, and a mighty feast was prepared...they were waiting for you though.
You speak these things to your family in the corporeal world but they think you are dreaming - but you know who is standing in the room with you - angels encircle you all
about. You point them out to those in the hospital room.
"Ma, who are they, what do they look like?"
"I don't know, " you answer. "Everytime I try to see their faces they turn around with their backs to me."

But you know they are there.
And you know where you will eventually wake up, and you are now earnestly desiring to awaken there.
And so...you sleep.
Fervently, and with a mighty will and drive you force yourself in to sleep, hoping that when you awaken, you will have finally Arrived.
And now you have.

Happy birthday on Saturday Ma.
It is your true and final birthday!

Would that I could make my Crossing in such a fashion.


And now, in an effort to soften the intensity of my emotion right now, I will share with you all a song which I have been listening to. A song which has nothing to do with such somber or glorious thots.
A silly song.
A song entitled, "These are not my Pants".
Beware. It is 6MBs

1 comment:

  1. I haven't heard the song yet but I wanted to comment on what you said.

    I know I was always "too young" to see any of my grandparents when they passed and my last one I was out of town here. But I remember when both my dad's parents were about to pass they both apparently said they saw people in the chair by the bed sitting and waiting. My grandmother saw her mom sitting there waiting and my grandfather saw my grandmother there waiting. I've always thought that was really intriguing to think you see those ahead of you in Heaven waiting...

    I know when my uncle died (my dad's brother) I was told I couldn't visit because he was too ill. I think they thought I was till too young even at 18 to deal with seeing someone so sick. But he came and visited me right before my dad took the ashes to the family plot... I met with him briefly in a dream. It was strange because later I found out he looked exactly like he did in my dream...

    So I know they do wait on the other side and I really like the way you worded this post. *hugs* My prayers are with you. Sorry this is so wordy!

    ~L~

    ReplyDelete