Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Impromptu Pik Nik


Just south of Town, beneath Tam MacArthur Rim which is adjacent to the Sisters Mountains, (out of the shot on the right).
At 6500 Ft above sea level, I can tell you we are alot cooler than my kids at camp up near Portland. Just beyond the trees at the far end of the meadows, is Three Creeks Lake, but the lake was still snowed in so we couldn't swim. :o(


What you can't see in the photo above, is the lovely little creek that meanders all across these meadows. In July, Aug and September there are clots of fly fisherman all over the meadow and they do pull enough trout out of here to make this lake and its Alpine Meadow Creeks a destination. Another thing you can't see in these photos is how deep these creeks are -even in the narrow spots some are almost 5 feet deep.



Here is Kenz trying to get me to put down the Krappy-Cam (which is the only camera I had handy on this day) and open up her sub sandwich for her.


Bonne appetit!

(That was directed at the Mosquitos. We got eaten ALIVE! As I am sure you can imagine. June + Alpine Lake = mosquitos)

(And that is about all the math I can handle today.)

No comments:

Post a Comment