Sunday, December 11, 2005

N A R N I A

Well, I was unprepared.
Unprepared for my own internal response.
Having read the entire collection, many times over, ever since I was 12 years of age, I found myself weeping.
And now for the confession:
not merely weeping at the proper, poignant parts of the story, but weeping from the very beginning.
"What?" you ask, "You mean as they were setting up the story, before the kids ever arrived in Narnia?"

Earlier than that, for I am uber-pathetic.

I found my eyes grow damp, during the Opening Credits!

Am I stupid or what?

Tumnus was perfect.
The Queen was perfectly chilling.

I blubbered my way through the whole freakin film.

After all the years of reading these works, and often finding metaphorical applications for my every day life, I guess I sould have expected as much.

I was unprepared.

Watch the ending credits too.You may see some familiar names.

No comments:

Post a Comment