Saturday, April 2, 2005

New, Exciting, Fun and Cheap!

No!
Not me!
I am an extremely married woman!

What I am talking about is a variation on that old pizza dough recipe I shared at Blue Max's site way long ago.

Now you too can create, your OWN freezable, delectable yummy Pizza rolls, at a fraction of the cost than it would take to buy them at a store AND....these are waaaaaaay better!

Here is the variation:
-Make the dough according to the directions and let rise for one hour.
-When you roll it out, instead of rolling it into a
round form, roll it out as rectangular as possible.
-Spread the sauce. (thin)
-Sprinkle the cheese.

**NOW!
Roll it up into a tube shape.
Cut the roll into slices as though you were making a cinamon roll.
(...uh-huh! You're tracking with me here, aren't you!?)

Now, arrange them on a baking sheet/pizza stone, and bake the "Pizza Rolls" at 400 degrees for about....uhm...I dunno... until the tops are kinda golden brown and the cheese is starting to bubble over the top in a nuclear fashion.

Here is the Beauty Part:
I *think* these are freezable at this stage, allowing you to take them out and microwave them when ever desired.

Isn't that great?
Huh?
Huh?

Coolbies?!

If you put the completed Pizza Roll in a sandwich-sized, zip-loc bag, you can then seal the bag "almost" all the way, and then suck all the air out of the remaining hole in the baggie, allowing you the simulated vacuum-packed freezable option.

For discovering this:
I Rok.
(For once in my life!)

No comments:

Post a Comment