Wednesday, September 14, 2016

RV Life Blocks



So as I was sitting up in camp at the lake, pondering futures while the dog looked on, I asked myself the simple question: "Michelle, what is keeping you from being a full time RV-er?"
My answer was irritatingly simple: "My earthly possessions".
Yes.
The simple truth.
My stuff.
My crap.

That's what is keeping me from jumping all the way into full time RV living.

While my kids were small and growing up, there was a phrase that I often said inside my head, sometimes aloud.

"See? THIS is why we can't have nice things!"

Stuff happens.
When you have 3 kids, their friends (6 kids now). A slob of a husband, two dogs, two cats, a parade of pet rats, mud, snow, rain, dust etc., well...stuff just happens. Put away, or hold off getting, anything of value.
It's going to be destroyed so just keep it packed away, until...someday. I don't know when.

Anyway, now that my kids have grown and are relatively sensible stable people, I have gotten to the place where I CAN have nice things. So I purged a lot of items after the sale of the house and kept those precious items packed away for so long - the mid-century-modern furnishings.
**This room is not my stuff. Just the same style.**


So yeah, I'm kind of at a point in my life where I am into "my stuff". I am enjoying it after a long earned waiting period. I am kinda not yet ready to get rid of all of it in favour of RVing just yet.

And who knows, maybe
God is not ready for me to move into that lifestyle yet either. So maybe my current affection for "My Stuff" serves Him in that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment