Saturday, August 29, 2015

God Speaks

This post was held as a draft and is from quite a long time ago.


At a time when I was still walking dutifully, with hope, in the valley of the shadow. 
As I look back, I can see how the joys hoped for in this old post have been realized in the course of this year.


It is good to look back, and to take stock.


Lets go back in time to three years ago :




In the year 2012 there were two who came to me, to speak a message from The Lord God Almighty. Even though I am an artist, I am not given to flights of fancy where the matters of God Almighty are concerned. He is not an entity to be messed with or taken lightly. People come, spouting all manners of crazy folderol, and God has given us abilities to cut through such ridiculous crap via His bible and the smarts He gave us in the first place. I do not blithely run about accepting all wind of doctrine, or people who claim every spiritual gift imagineable, nor do I discount the right of My God to give a gift, even on a random day, to anybody He wants to, for what ever reason He wants to at the time. I just try and listen and obey when He shows me something in His Bible or when He speaks through people and environmental stumilae, (but the Bible is a BIG filter to run things through as I encounter them).

So anyway...

Early in the year 2012, there were two who came to me to speak a message from My Lord God Almighty. The One who was, and Who is, and Who is to come. Yeah. THAT God Almighty.

One person was a complete stranger, the other a friend. They came together.
The first message was from the stranger, who literally spoke things that NO ONE except God would know. That was his only job.
What was communicated to me however, was a message from God: "I have given the stranger insight at this one moment because I want you to know that I am coming to you, and you can trust the bringer of the next message." Such discourse effectively prepared my heart and to really listen to the person, my friend.

The first speaker - the stranger - was not the message bringer, just sort of a preparer, kinda sent from God as a series of "finger snaps" to get my attention.

So my friend, the Message Bringer, began to speak:
She said, "My head has been filled with visions of you and a deep wrestling sense of long-suffering travail.A sense that you have labored weary and under a heavy load for a very long long time."
She went on, " I really believe the Lord would speak some things to you."
And then she began to deliver the message(s) :


" Michelle, I (God) see you. You have worked and sacrificed alone for many long years. You believe that what you do is small and insignificant, and that your sacrifices are meaningless and invisible, but they are not. They are huge and I see them. You are NOT alone, and I am bringing you out of the valley, up to Myself on this mountain in the light. To a good place, a beautiful and marvelous peaceful place and this is the place you long for.

But you aren't here yet, for you still have a small distance to go - and you must keep going, but I am bringing you to Me.

You are Shasta*, walking with Aslan. Walking through the fog, not seeing the path, not knowing where it is, but hearing My Breath as I walk the path beside you. I am The Great Lion on the path with you. "


I did not know it at the time, what all of these things meant as the message was delivered.
I *think* I am beginning to see it now however.

It is like looking at the concrete sidewalk racing up at you after you have stepped off of that 30-story building. The impact is inevitable.

I do not want to continue to walk this path, but in light of My Saviour's messages to me, I want to walk this path because I now know it is a necessary path to get to the good place.

I have been called to do something similar in the past. Without going into detail, I liken it to walking toward a furnace. (Think big walk-in style, think Abednego style), The thing was, God was calling me to walk toward the furnace voluntarily. Friends said, "are you crazy?" They cared for me and put up various road blocks to deter me. From a distance the furnace was an orange blaze. I was terriied and yet I knew this was what God wanted. I began to stake steps that would lead me in that direction. AS I drew nearer to this "Fiery Furnace" I began to notice that the grass became greener and more lush the closer I drew to it. The air, which had seemed hotter was acually growing cooler. Now I could see the door to "This Furnace" was open, and there was Some one standing there waiting for me. He held out His hand and I stepped through that doorway. I never regretted it since.

I think this will be a greater challenge. I envision it as having more scary repercussions, because it may affect more than only just me.

I know My God sees me and loves me. I believe He has indicated to me, in the years leading up to this one, that He will take care of my children and my dad.

I will do my best to walk this path, though I cannot feel it beneath my feet, though I cannot see the way, I can't even IMAGINE the way. I hope I will be able to hear His Breath guiding me as we go down this path. Or maybe it is UP this path. I don't know. I am in the dark.

But I have made a commitment to Him to keep going. And sealed it with Communion.

A Pastor friend of mine once said long ago, " If you're going through Hell, keep going! Whatever you do don't stop here!"

Good advice.


*Shasta is a character from C.S Lewis' Narnian Chronicle : "The Horse and His Boy."

No comments:

Post a Comment