Saturday, July 9, 2011

Dear Child of mine...

...even while the words were escaping your lips, I knew that you were lying.
The proof came 24 hours later.
It took only a few minutes for you to destroy a lifetime of trust.
Now, no matter what you say, I have NO foundation upon which to stand so that I can believe anything you say whether it is the truth or not.
You have destroyed any point of reference.

It will take you a VERY long time to rebuild that ability to trust, and rfrankly, its not
my problem to rebuild.
It's yours.
Are you going to even try?
If not then don;t pretend to have a right to
be offended if I am distrustful.
You are the one who shattered the trust.
Did you think yourself to be so clever as to not be found out immediately?
Do you not remember the old saying: "Moms have eyes in the backs of their heads"?
There is an excellent reason why this saying came to be.

And now...
what will you do?
Will you come forward and confess of your own accord before I am forced to confront you?
that is the only way to immediately begin rebuilding the road to trust.

I am waiting but will not wait forever.
I WILL call you out after a short time.


EPILOGUE:

Grace wins.
Peace comes from truth.
Truth rebuilds trust.
Construction has begun.

6 comments:

  1. Yeah. you laff...
    but you know what?
    You are also one of the Golden Children.
    Ya genius/savant/pinhead!
    ;o)

    So there.
    Yuk it up, laffing boy.

    :o)

    m-

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS- that last was said with much friendly and mom-like affection as to my own son.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess I can refer to you that way in the future? "GSP" = Genius Savant Pinhead?
    ;o)
    heheheheehh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Remember that bottle of Traverse City Cherry Wine?

    I may or may not be delivering it in person this Fall.

    - J

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooooo Tom and Nanci's Rusty Putter Golf and Bocce Ball Tournament is in the Fall too.

    Double the fun!

    Hope it works out for you.

    Scoutie is living back home now and going to school. Working toward her Forestry and a Wildreness Leadership degree.
    :o)

    m-

    ReplyDelete