Sunday, March 16, 2008

New Horizons?

It's no secret that for about 3 years we have been researching the potential of our family temporarily moving to our beloved and ever-beckoning U.K.

Speaking with friends regarding the costs of living in both England and Scotland (not really checked out Ireland) we have been warching and waiting.

Now, that our eldest is graduating highschool (its freaky and melancholy) there is new potential for relocating. neither of the girls is really "married to this town" or the friends they have here.
And so a new, more economically friendly option is being bantered about :
Baja.
Hypothetically: Rosarita.

Amenities: Beach, sun, the mission "San Vincent Geurerro" is nearby where we could help out regularly at the orphanage. Did I mention this is also a killer place to learn to surf?

Anyway, that is the new idea.

But still.... our hearts hear and desire to heed the call of the "old land."
The land of kilts.
The land of languages that know no vowels.
The land of great literature, Monty Python, Haggis, and "the nation the sent God's truly GOOD news to the entire globe."

but sojourn in baja wouldn't be so bad?
for a little while?
me?
no habla.
Je parle la belle langue.

;o)

Time will tell.

4 comments:

  1. donde esta el bano? (where is the toilet?)
    Como esta usted? (how are you?)
    Platano (banana)
    manzana (apple)

    I know more I think... but my spanish is very simple.

    ~L~

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Me llamo bañera. Mucho gusto. Su esposa, tiene codos muy bonitas. Estamos de los Estados Unidos de la Axila. Cómo mucho tiempo usted ha hecho los perros aquí? Esperamos hacer los perros aquí por muchos años. No puedo retrasar para montar las ondas en mi tablero del mar. ¡Yo deseo montar las ondas cada día!"

    (I'm called Michelle. Nice to meet you. Your wife has very pretty eyes. We're from the United States of the America. How long have you lived here? We hope to live here for many years. I can't wait to ride the waves on my surfboard. I want to ride the waves every day!) :-p ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uhm... some of that is spanish I don't recognize. Are you sure it's all accurate? Don't need Mih to get smacked for saying something wrong. :P

    ~L~

    ReplyDelete
  4. i figured she'd put it in http://babelfish.altavista.com/ and see for herself. I don't know if she did or not. You didn't I guess, or you would have left a different sort of comment I think. :-) ;-)

    ReplyDelete