Monday, April 16, 2007

Nor' Easter hits Rhode Island

...and I get a second row seat! (which was still pretty danged good!)
It was lovely!
The wind blew so hard, the house shook!
The power went off and on, and the rain blew sideways.
Oh sure...
to many of you this is not such a great thrill, but this is not the sort of storm we get typically in the high alpine desert.
And so I spent a large portion of the wee-hours pacing the upstairs compartment that is my room, with a lovely glass of diet tonic water in my hand and 6 of the vanilla scented candles lit, enjoying the fierce winds as they whistled around and through the house - making the candles flicker.
Such moments - in quiet partaking - are what life is made of.
Many moments.
A secret smile witnessed on the face of a child.
I laugh shared between baby and parent.
The tremor of an earthquake felt as the trees bow to the soil.
The awesome glory of the ash plume given to the sky by the volcano...
moments of silence. Taking only minutes or seconds, are glimpses of the perfect peace of eternity.
At least I think so.
:O)
This particular storm ROCKED!!!!!!!!!!

And then, the dog rolled in some horse poo so I had to depart from my reveries to bathe the stink off her.

The ethereal moment is replaced by the mundane.
Thus the ethereal finds it's value.
;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment