Wednesday, April 20, 2005

NW Hammered Dulcimer Society's Spring Rendé

It looks as though I will get to be a part of this years event after all.
For a while there, we weren't sure.

The Annual "Spring Fling/Rendé event",
put on by the NORTHWEST HAMMERED DULCIMER SOCIETY
has been happening every April/May for the last 7 years, (I think it's 7).
There will be great teachers and lots of jamming, as well as eatz and the raffle prizes.
(Seems I recall the year when Janet won 75 % of the prizes and then there was the year when Carl Thor won everything. I think we should dis-allow their participation this year, either that or double the costs of THEIR raffle tickets.) ;o)

Of the raffle prizes being donated this year, I think my favorite so far, is the Homer Simpson talking bottle opener.
It's loud, it's obnoxious, it bears the ever-popular DUFF Beer label!

The new venue for Spring Rendé is the Oral Hull park and conference center located in Sandy OR. It is owned and operated by the Federation For the Blind, and is a wonderful place complete with full-service kitchens and an 18 person hot-tub. (I shudder at the thought of filling it with 18-plus rowdy musicians.
It's ok, they are mainly folk musicians - how much trouble can they get into?
(Maybe some body should bring the "Mighty Wind" dvd.)

No comments:

Post a Comment