Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Happy day

Planned out the actual food for TG, last night. The stupid turkey does NOT want to thaw out. Donna suggested I just carry it around under my armpit all day. I said, "Yeah, hey like my new purse? Wait minute, I gotta dig some change out of its butt. Oh sorry, that's not a quarter, that's the gut bag..hang on a sec I know I have a quarter IN here someplace...*digs around*"



Yeah, right Donna.



Anyway, planned out the menu.

Turkey and a honey baked ham. Scouts mashed potatos made with cheddar, cream cheese, sour cream, whipping cream, butter and salt/pepper. (I know. We should just call it cheese pudding with some potatos thrown in for starch.) Green bean casserole, dinner rolls. A green salad,

a fruit salad with NO coconut(yuk!), and Babz is bringing pies, and the sweet potatos with the marshmallows on them. Amber is bringing a bottle or two of wine probably.

Rented Shrek 2, and Elf. I will grate all of the mountains of cheese tonight and make the mashed potatos tonight since they have to sit for 12+ hours to be really good anyway. I think I am almost ready.

Stu shampoo'd the carpets which was really nice. Now if we can just keep dogs, cats, shoes and kids from skating on it, maybe it will remain a decent colour for more than a week? These people we bought the house from, put brand new carpet in it right before they sold it. It is a very light, light tan colour. Its not white, but it is really light. Who in their right mind has kids and puts in carpet THAT colour, I ask you?! Ca, c'est ridicule! someday I am gonna rip it all out and put in pergo all through the house. Be done with it!



I hope I didn't annoy MK with my comment on his recent update.

Its funny. Somebody can make fun of the Church in general and I usually agree it in many ways. But boy, if something even remotely appears, even at first glance, to be a pot-shot at, or a misunderstanding of God, then I get a bit hot-under-the-collar immediately. So, to MK, if I sounded harsh, I really did NOT mean to, and I realise the whole entry was fictitious anyway. And besides, it's all good anyway. That is one of the hilights of fine art, whether it be music, painting or literature. It should make one examine one's own beliefs and the reasons that one holds to those beliefs. So, in the end, good job MK!



Well, this post has been all over the place and largely about nothing at all, so in the interests of productivity I will say Happy Birthday to Aquila and sign off.





No comments:

Post a Comment