Saturday, November 12, 2005

Anniversaries and Literary Triumphs!

A fun desktop

Well, I was wondering why I have the recent craving to Play Riven again, while I haven't even had the comon decency to finish Exile, URU, Revelation of Myst V.
Of course, at this time of eyar my thoughts turn toward Christmas, as I am the quintessential Queen of all things Festive during the holidays. (Those websites that you visit with the Bad Christmas lights? That is what is going on in my heart and head starting in November!)

Anyway....So I figured out why the craving to play Riven happens to me inthe winter. DUH!!!
Riven was the first coputer game ever, that I played. I got it for Christmas. I think this is why.
So I thin I will give in to my craving and make space annually at this time of year to play Riven.
An anniversarial kind of thing, ya know?

So...the other Big thing which thrills me:
I have long wanted to have a means/opportunity to read aloud, the works of Stephen R. Lawhead to students. I used to read his youth works to the 1-4th graders (Timothy Mallard, Anna Hedgehog and Jeremy Vole).
I have long wanted to share his Arthurian Quintilogy with the older grades.
Granted, there are some graphic battle and crusader-type atrocities described in it, but after consulting with a bunch of people at the forums, I have decided to pencil in my own edits now that ...

*Drumroll please*

...the Junior High English teacher has enthusiastically invited me to read Lawheads works!
I could almost spit I am so thrilled!

So I will start with Taliesin.
I was thinking of skipping the Arthur quintilogy, and starting with the Albion Saga trilogy, being that it is merely a trilogy, but I had to check my heart.
While the Albion saga is probably his best crafted work yet (imho) my heart lies with Arthur. :o)

So - quintilogy it is.

The books I will be working through are:
-Taliesin
-Merlin
-Arthur
-Pendragon
-Grail
Then if there is time, hit the recap in the 6th book "Avalon."
(Although I may skip it as I think it would be a boon to bring in some exposure to the Crusades.)

If I get through all of that, then maybe when the current 6th graders are 8th graders, I will be able to move them right from Arthur into Lawheads Crusader Trilogy:

-The Iron Lance
-The Black Rood
-The Mystic Rose

I can't wait to begin!!

No comments:

Post a Comment